- Reminders came early from some quarters:
- — San Francisco Giants (@SFGiants)Fri, Jul 26 2013 17:15:39
- — Christian Saad (@ChristianSaad)Fri, Jul 26 2013 17:19:00Today is really about to be #Carmageddon in the Bay Area.. 1) SF Giants Game 2) Justin + Jay Z show 3) Oakland A's game 4) John Mayer show
- But those weren't much help when it came to unexpected delays:
- — SFMTA (@sfmta_muni)Fri, Jul 26 2013 20:39:38ATTN: CHP activity blocking eastbound 108 entrance to Treasure Island. 108 being routed over Bay Bridge in order to use westbound entrance.
- — Tango Traffic SF (@TangoTrafficSF)Fri, Jul 26 2013 21:15:37POLICE ACTIVITY Bay Bridge EB/WB at Treasure Island. The Treasure Island n/off ramp to the Lower Deck WB/EB is closed
- — Heather J McCloskey (@Scrappy_Jean)Fri, Jul 26 2013 21:46:28BREAKING: receiving reports that the Bay Bridge will be closed temporarily in both directions after a suspicious device was found
- — CHP Golden Gate (@CHP_GoldenGate)Fri, Jul 26 2013 21:50:01San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge in both directions momentarily closed due to police activity. Updates to come. Expect delays in the Area.
- — CHP Oakland (@CHPoakland)Fri, Jul 26 2013 21:54:21SFO Bay Bridge, CHP doing rolling closures WB and EB at this time for police activities. Expect delays and stay with us for updates
- — Tatiana Graf (@MeatMaven)Fri, Jul 26 2013 21:57:26So @offalchris calls just now, "why did the Bay bridge suddenly close as we're about to get on it?" Thanks to twitter I had the answer.
- — Jennifer Schulze (@GurleenSF)Fri, Jul 26 2013 21:59:58
#Carmageddon tests Bay Area's 'road warriors'
Drivers discover what happens to traffic Friday when the Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants play home games, musical acts like Jay Z and Justin Timberlake, the Postal Service and John Mayer, and groups like San Francisco Critical Mass tie up S.F. streets
byGeorge Kelly1,613 Views