- — Jake Whiting (@JakeWhiting)Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:13:22Big shout out to all those glutinous, faceless American corporate brands that are always remembering to never forget today.
- While many individuals and organizations acknowledged the import and meaning of the attacks' anniversary, few handled it as thoughtfully and sensitively as American and United airlines:
- On the other hand, AT&T and the Los Angeles Lakers' attempts to acknowledge the day's unique gravity were received less comfortably:
- Organizations were quick to apologize:
- — Marriott Hotels (@Marriott)Wed, Sep 11 2013 13:23:49We are aware of the picture shared of an offer at one of our hotels, and we sincerely apologize for any perceived insensitivity.
- Observers weighed in on Twitter and elsewhere:
- — William Diaz (@ProgressingSF)Wed, Sep 11 2013 10:07:39@TmoNews It's pretty tasteless, tacky, and really demeaning to my friends who died and those who survived that day. I'm appalled at this.
- — William Diaz (@ProgressingSF)Wed, Sep 11 2013 10:10:57