- — Alexia M. Severson (@AlexiaMSeverson)Sun, Nov 27 2011 20:16:12NU womens basketball and chicago Chapter of Autism Speaks partner to host game. NU vs. DePaul. #dsmobile
- This is a special coalition for Northwestern because NU head coach Joe McKeown's son Joey has autism. Both McKeown and DePaul head coach Doug Bruno have pledged money in the annual Walk Now for Autism Speaks, which is held throughout various parts of the country.
- — Alexia M. Severson (@AlexiaMSeverson)Sun, Nov 27 2011 20:17:44This will be the third year in a row NU works to help raise awareness of autism spectrum disorders. #dsmobile
- — Alexia M. Severson (@AlexiaMSeverson)Sun, Nov 27 2011 20:23:38Fun games and activities for fans, such as free facepainting and balloon artists are also at the game. #dsmobile
- — Alexia M. Severson (@AlexiaMSeverson)Sun, Nov 27 2011 20:28:19Halftime basketball game between Evanston Recreation Division's E- team and North Shore Special Olympics team.#dsmobile
Evanston's third Annual Autism Awareness Game
Northwestern University women's basketball and the Chicago Chapter of Autism Speaks teamed up to help bring awareness to Autism today at 2 p.m., at the Welsh-Ryan Arena, 2705 Ashland Ave. Unfortunately, the 'Cats suffered a loss during this special recreation basketball game.
byAlexia M. Severson24 Views