- — Alex de Campi (@alexdecampi)Sun, Sep 27 2015 18:51:37Artists, TALK ABOUT MONEY. "We don't talk about money" is what capital sez to keep labour quiet. Don't believe it. Talk about contracts, too
- — Alex de Campi (@alexdecampi)Sun, Sep 27 2015 18:41:45Stay awake. We all take bad deals every so often, just KNOW it's a bad deal is all I ask. https://twitter.com/alexdecampi/status/648205633012023296 …
- — Nolan Woodard (@nwoodard)Mon, Sep 28 2015 15:24:05@alexdecampi Color is closer to Main/$80-135 & Indie/$20-80 but after flats the reality is closer to Main/$65-120 & Indie/$10-70.
- — Alex de Campi (@alexdecampi)Sun, Sep 27 2015 20:04:58Pay for work for hire: best I've ever gotten is $120/page, with royalties, twice. Once from a dodgy little co; once from a big indie. (1/3)
- — Alex de Campi (@alexdecampi)Sun, Sep 27 2015 20:06:12The few times I've done Big 2 work (my shelved Batman Confidential script, my X-Men anthology thing; Sensation) it's been $70-90/pg.
- — Alex de Campi (@alexdecampi)Sun, Sep 27 2015 20:07:37The worst I ever accepted for WFH is $1000/script eg $45/pg w royalties; the worst I was ever offered is $25/pg no royalties (3/3)
- — Alex de Campi (@alexdecampi)Sun, Sep 27 2015 20:08:50A lot of the big licensed TV/animation comics pay $1000-$1200 a script with NO royalties because you mofos keep offering to write them free
- — Arthur Wyatt (@arthurwyatt)Sun, Sep 27 2015 20:28:35@alexdecampi I'm a bit pissy about the recent "writers don't do anything" thing in part because of the secret writer role of moneyman.
- — Alex de Campi (@alexdecampi)Sun, Sep 27 2015 20:15:43Here endeth the lesson. Be polite, negotiate hard, and if you're going to work for duck-all, consider doing your own book instead.
- — David Gallaher (@DavidGallaher)Sun, Sep 27 2015 22:18:32@alexdecampi @SotoColor @highway_62 Gawker was just unionized, following WGA -- was a pretty big deal: http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/gawker-unionizes-writers-guild-1201512359/ …
- — Greg Woronchak (@GregWoronchak)Sun, Sep 27 2015 19:30:33
- — Alex de Campi (@alexdecampi)Sun, Sep 27 2015 20:02:13
Money and Comics
A discussion about creator-owned and work for hire rates of pay in comics
byAlex de Campi1 Like4,559 Views