- Our colleagues created buzz for #museumsrespondtoferguson before the Twitter chat started.
- — Alliance of Museums (@AAMers)Tue, Dec 16 2014 21:42:20
- — Monica Muses (@monica_muses)Wed, Dec 17 2014 18:25:04
- We asked museum professionals how their museums have responded to Ferguson.
- — Luis Vázquez (@LuisBox7)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:18:33
- Some colleagues pointed out that other museums have responded to Ferguson.
- — Beth Maloney (@maloneybeth)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:12:49
- — Adrianne Russell (@adriannerussell)Wed, Dec 10 2014 19:40:53
- We asked how do we want museums/related orgs to respond to race issues.
- — Angela Giacomelli (@angela_giac)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:18:40A2: Museums need to do some listening. People need to feel like they have a voice and that they are represented. #museumsrespondtoferguson
- — shaelyn amaio (@heyshaelyn)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:22:36A2: Museums are places of cultural re/production, must be responsive, open, in dialogue w/ public re: race issues. #museumsrespondtoferguson
- — Anna L-S (@astreichs)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:23:15A2 Has to start with actually knowing what your community needs & figuring out where your resources can be useful #museumsrespondtoferguson
- — Museum Hue (@museumhue)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:25:29Museums need diversity in leadership positions to advance inclusion, engagement and community participation #museumsrespondtoferguson
- — Nick Sacco (@NickSacco55)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:24:55A2: Museums must bring racial issues to present-day concerns. Don't stop the narrative in 1969. #museumsrespondtoferguson
- — Becky Laughner (@blaughner)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:31:02A2: Museums can hep facilitate "direct democracy at a community level" (see #4) http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/policing-is-a-dirty-job-but-nobodys-gotta-do-it-6-ideas-for-a-cop-free-world-20141216 … #museumsrespondtoferguson
- — Kate Tinworth (@exposyourmuseum)Wed, Dec 17 2014 20:05:09
- Some of our colleagues presented new questions.
- — Steven Lubar (@lubar)Wed, Dec 17 2014 19:20:08Q3: Are any museums collecting materials from the response to Ferguson, for future research or exhibitions? #museumsrespondtoferguson
Museum professionals/students/professors took to twitter to discuss Ferguson and race
byaleiabrown3 Likes1,569 Views