- So, what happened this week? Milwaukee tore itself apart, President Obama continued his endless quest to let every detainee out of Gitmo that he possibly can, Donald Trump hired the man who completely destroyed Andrew Breitbart's legacy, Trump supporters got very excited about an apology that wasn't an apology, Baton Rouge was hit hard by a terrible flood, and Trump seems to have flip-flopped on immigration yet again.
- Other stuff happened too, but it either wasn't very interesting or I was just too busy wishing that people could make up their minds about whether polls matter or not to notice. Without further ado, here are my picks for best tweets of the week:
- — Tom Nichols (@RadioFreeTom)Sat, Aug 20 2016 22:26:57Old and busted: "Trump says it like it is!" New hotness: "He has to lie to everyone because that's how the game is played, cuck"
- — Kilgore Trout (@Beer__Wolf)Fri, Aug 19 2016 16:18:04I don't want a country where one God-emperor is expected to control the weather & failing that, appear on the scene to "save" everybody.
- — Caleb Howe (@CalebHowe)Fri, Aug 19 2016 09:55:12Trump fans who have viciously defended his every word are suddenly proud he regrets those words and demand you admire him for it. Amazing.
- — Runs With Dog (@lheal)Thu, Aug 18 2016 10:10:45I don't care if someone else has more than me. I may not even want what they have. I care if the rules prevent me from getting what I want.
- — AgainstTrumpDude (@TheAmishDude)Wed, Aug 17 2016 11:42:14"Hey, Trump made a good speech last night. Talked about racial reconciliation and.." "He just hired Bannon." "Give me a rope and a chair."
- — Matthew D. Dempster (@dempstermd)Tue, Aug 16 2016 16:21:52A third of the low risk detainees Obama released from GITMO went back to terrorism so all these high risk ones he's letting go will be OK
- — TheValuesVoter (@TheValuesVoter)Tue, Aug 16 2016 14:04:47Reince Priebus is seriously thinking about running for a third term as RNC Chairman? What's he left undone? Razing the Lincoln Memorial?
- — Reverend Scott (@Reverend_Scott)Mon, Aug 15 2016 19:11:14If you combined the best qualities of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton into one candidate, you still wouldn't have someone worth voting for.
- — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman)Mon, Aug 15 2016 14:52:18Sure, conservatism is redefined as progressive populism. WH is gone; GOP majorities hang by a thread. But at least Drudge hit traffic goals.
- — Stephen Miller (@redsteeze)Sun, Aug 14 2016 16:14:38Trump had no complaints of crooked media when they were showering him with 3billion in free advertising. Life comes at you fast.
Tweets of the Week (8/14/16 - 8/20/16)
byA.J. Winkelspecht478 Views