- So, what happened this week? Donald Trump was rebuked by the VFW, President Obama tried to rewrite history, the Obama administration tried to explain away a $400 million ransom paid to Iran, the media continued to fawn over Hillary Clinton, and gun grabbers were very upset about Ginny Thrasher winning a gold medal.
- Other stuff happened too, but it either wasn't very interesting or I was just too busy wishing that this election wasn't such a slow-motion car wreck to notice. Without further ado, here are my picks for best tweets of the week:
- — TheValuesVoter (@TheValuesVoter)Sat, Aug 06 2016 13:32:08The General Election between Clinton and Trump is like what would happen if the NFL made the Super Bowl a game between the two worst teams.
- — AngieSenseiofSarcasm (@Artist_Angie)Thu, Aug 04 2016 17:34:17
- — Jimmy #TexasFirst (@jneutron1969)Wed, Aug 03 2016 21:15:00"I know what'll help! I'll continue shitting on the disabled and talk about Megyn's periods again!" - Trump probably
- — Matthew D. Dempster (@dempstermd)Tue, Aug 02 2016 23:18:51Sorry Trump supporters, you won't be really able to play the game by their rules because the referees are on their side.
- — Harold Stickeehands (@StickeeNotes)Mon, Aug 01 2016 21:54:33Hillary's approach to attacking Trump is smart. She's using sympathetic outsiders to criticize Trump & letting his personality do the rest
- — Kilgore Trout (@Beer__Wolf)Mon, Aug 01 2016 16:38:07I didn't even know the VFW could be lost. I'm serious. It never occurred to me someone would do something so stupid to get them riled up.
- — Jimmy #TexasFirst (@jneutron1969)Sun, Jul 31 2016 17:30:36Mom who once got "disappointed" when I fought back against a bully just advocated "dunking Trump's head in the toilet several times". #2016
- — David Burge (@iowahawkblog)Sun, Jul 31 2016 16:29:24I never though that "which candidate has insulted families of dead soldiers more?" would be a presidential campaign issue, but here we are.
Tweets of the Week (7/31/16 - 8/6/16)
byA.J. Winkelspecht409 Views