- So, what happened this week? Some very bad things happened in Germany, Donald Trump continued to play footsie with Vladimir Putin, Democrats officially selected Hillary Clinton as their party's presidential nominee, and Trump gave an incredibly stupid response to what should've been an obvious question to anyone with even half a brain.
- Other stuff happened too, but it either wasn't very interesting or I was just too busy wishing that Trumpkins would stop trying to excuse the inexcusable to notice. Without further ado, here are my picks for best tweets of the week:
- — Josh Jordan (@NumbersMuncher)Sat, Jul 30 2016 18:31:10What kind of person is Trump that he literally went out of his way to attack Khan's wife to answer question about Khan's speech? Disgusting.
- — TheValuesVoter (@TheValuesVoter)Sat, Jul 30 2016 18:25:45Since the RNC Convention, Trump attacked a lot of people not named Hillary Clinton. And every day is more cringe-worthy than the day before.
- — Garry Kasparov (@Kasparov63)Sat, Jul 30 2016 03:14:31Trump complaining about the debates now? Sounds like he’s getting more tips from Putin, who has never participated in a debate in his life.
- — Shoerambe (@TheOneSoleShoe)Fri, Jul 29 2016 02:03:17I have a daughter. I am glad we live in a country where a woman can be President. But as someone else said- couldn't we make it a good one?
- — Tom Nichols (@RadioFreeTom)Thu, Jul 28 2016 13:16:13"But Hillary" is not an answer to the fact that Trump is openly, gleefully in the Kremlin's pocket. You know this. https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/758651630090915840 …
- — Harold Stickeehands (@StickeeNotes)Thu, Jul 28 2016 03:57:53The heights of Obama's soaring rhetoric stand in stark contrast to the lows of his tenure as POTUS. He squandered eight long years.
- — T. Becket Adams (@BecketAdams)Wed, Jul 27 2016 14:37:18Love watching people who came up with "the Obama apology tour" nod silently as Trump says US has no right to lecture Turkey on civil rights.
- — Jonah Goldberg (@JonahNRO)Wed, Jul 27 2016 03:30:50"He's clearly still in love with this woman. He's smitten." Woman on CNN panel describing couple that has been separated for 15 years.
- — Dr. Hugo Hackenbush (@MangyLover)Wed, Jul 27 2016 02:58:51Most of the successes Bill Clinton claims are a result of savvy triangulation with house Republicans. But hey, whatever.
- — Matthew D. Dempster (@dempstermd)Mon, Jul 25 2016 15:44:45Hey Democrats, the '80s called and they said their foreign policy was coming back whether you liked it or not.
- — Atticus Goldfinch (@AtticusGF)Mon, Jul 25 2016 15:09:06Trump's team lobbied the platform committee to remove anti-Russian Ukraine policy. While ignoring the rest of the platform entirely.
- — Dr. Kankokage (@kankokage)Mon, Jul 25 2016 02:06:56So a Syrian refugee kills a pregnant woman, and then a Syrian refugee blows himself up at a concert. On the same day. In the same country.
- — Josh Jordan (@NumbersMuncher)Sun, Jul 24 2016 22:48:22If you're wondering how little concern Hillary has about losing Bernie voters, hiring DWS after her DNC screwed Bernie over is your answer.
Tweets of the Week (7/24/16 - 7/30/16)
byA.J. Winkelspecht412 Views