- — NelsonMandela (@NelsonMandela)Tue, Jul 17 2012 22:39:59
- — True Love Mag (@TrueLoveMag)Tue, Jul 10 2012 06:05:06
- — FWdeKlerkFoundation (@FWdeKlerkFoun)Wed, Jul 18 2012 09:17:04
- — J.K. Brown-Barkshire (@theoneJillibean)Wed, Jul 18 2012 08:44:35@AJELive Taking the time to fill out paperwork to sponsor a poor child in Bangladesh to go to school. Through the JAAGO Foundation :D
- — Adrian Wilson (@baldmanonabike)Wed, Jul 18 2012 09:02:33
- — NelsonMandela (@NelsonMandela)Tue, Jul 17 2012 22:20:28
- However, not everyone was optimistic about the difference that these small actions made.
- — trevor gumbi (@trevorgumbi)Wed, Jul 18 2012 05:18:47There's gonna be a lot of half painted orphanages out there tomorrow as our celebs put brushes down after 67mins of photo-ops,...#MandelaDay
In 2009, the United Nations agreed to commemorate Mandela's birthday every year to recognise the Nobel Peace Prize laureate's contribution to resolving conflicts and promoting race relations, human rights and reconciliation.