- — godfrey goddie (@godfreygoddie)Wed, Aug 12 2015 18:55:29What is funny is that Uganda imports sugar from Brazil to meet its deficit then again from a deficit point it wants to export to kenya!!
- — Martin Namasaka (@Martinnamasaka)Wed, Aug 12 2015 19:12:15
- — peter santoni (@peter_santoni)Wed, Aug 12 2015 16:36:52"To my elder brother Raila,don't criticise me for the sake of it. I wuld rather import sugar from Uganda than Brazil," - President Uhuru
- — luke bahati otieno (@lukebahati)Wed, Aug 12 2015 17:24:13
- — Michael Mumo (@m_mumo)Wed, Aug 12 2015 14:18:52Raila says Uganda sugar deal sour, demands details | Capital News http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2015/08/raila-says-uganda-sugar-deal-sour-demands-details/ … via @CapitalFM_kenya
- — TheORION,co.ke (@theorionKENYA)Wed, Aug 12 2015 17:05:10Uhuru Dismisses Cord Leader over UG-KE sugar Trade deal http://theorion.co.ke/news-o/politics/item/1306-uhuru-dismisses-raila-over-uganda-sugar-deal-the-orion.html …
- — morris oluanda (@MorrisOluanda)Wed, Aug 12 2015 16:39:46If Uganda is to be bring sugar into kenya,let it be to so within the COMESA quotas,no need for other ways around it mr president @UKenyatta
- — swaleh mdoe (@swalehmdoe)Wed, Aug 12 2015 14:42:57I said it here that Kenyans' minds are like that of chickens- forgetful.Just the other day we are all talking about NYS, now Uganda sugar
SWEET AND SOUR SUGARY DEAL
Kenya has reportedly agreed to allow Ugandan sugar imports into its market. And predictably perhaps, this issue has generated a lot of heat. The Opposition has come out with guns blazing, accusing the government of compromising the local sugar industry. But the state is justifying its decision.
byALBERT GACHIRI568 Views