- — Charles Onyango-Obbo (@cobbo3)Sun, Sep 22 2013 08:56:17We wish we could unring the bell on our Sunday Nation cover. We made a grievous error in choosing that photo.
- — Uchechukwu (@GMONEYizME)Sat, Sep 21 2013 23:46:16Editor of the Sunday Nation. If that was Your Mother or sister. How would that image make you feel. You are heartless.
- — MUGO WA WAIRIMU (@Arapwairimu)Sun, Sep 22 2013 09:15:47SHAME ON NATION MEDIA GROUP; What Kind of a headline/cover photo is this, coming today in Sunday nation? Is that... http://fb.me/24Ayw8E3X
- — Julie Muriuki (@mamayaimani)Sun, Sep 22 2013 09:15:24The cover of today's Sunday Nation will be alright for some of you until YOU are the subject and it is YOUR FAMILY looking at it.
- — Mohammed Hersi. (@hersimohammed)Sun, Sep 22 2013 09:03:22For once I disagree with @dailynation ;Your photo in today's Sunday Nation is insensitive. That lady is a sister, mother etc.
- — Marcus Olang' (@marcusolang)Sun, Sep 22 2013 03:17:32Front page, Sunday Nation. Kids see pictures as well, man. "Gruesome" doesn't capture what that front page depicts. #Westgate
- — FERDINAND OMONDI (@FerdyOmondi)Sat, Sep 21 2013 13:26:36
- — Jacque Maribe (@JacqueMaribe)Sat, Sep 21 2013 13:20:23Please pray for my bro @kismamaribz who is still inside Westgate as I'm here reporting and not breaking down
- — Saddique Shaban (@SaddiqueShaban)Sat, Sep 21 2013 11:35:06
- — Smriti Vidyarthi (@SmritiVidyarthi)Sat, Sep 21 2013 10:15:38STAY AWAY from Westgate Mall - heavily armed individuals shooting in the mall. Inform family and friends to avoid the area.
- — Edwin Macharia (@edwin_macharia)Sat, Sep 21 2013 12:34:19
LESSONS FOR KENYAN MEDIA FROM WESTGATE ATTACK COVERAGE
In what will go down as one of the goriest terror attacks in Kenya, tens were killed and over one hundred people injured. The coverage by the mainstream media was unprecedented, in terms of continuity and personnel deployed. But, as sampled below, major mistakes caused a storm across social media.
byALBERT GACHIRI1 Like818 Views