- — Argaw Ashine (@argawnmg)Fri, Apr 25 2014 19:12:49
- — Mesfin Negash (@mesfine)Sat, Apr 26 2014 10:18:29Yet another arrest! Journalist and close friend of Zone9 Edom Edom (Edom Kassaye) is arrested earlier today.... http://fb.me/6xB0TW0rJ
- — Mesfin Negash (@mesfine)Sat, Apr 26 2014 16:38:39
- — AFP Africa (@AFPAfrica)Tue, Apr 29 2014 11:45:51#Ethiopia says journalists arrested in crackdown 'criminals' :'We dont take orders from Human Rights Watch' @hrw http://news.yahoo.com/ethiopia-says-journalists-arrested-crackdown-criminals-100511950.html …
- The arrests drew unprecedented indignation and protests from around the world
- — Maaza Mengiste (@MaazaMengiste)Wed, May 14 2014 13:48:45Change in a country often comes from its youth. It's not a sign of danger, it's a sign of hope. #FreeZone9Bloggers
- — Mohammed Ademo (@OPride)Mon, Apr 28 2014 15:45:26
- — UN Human Rights (@UNrightswire)Fri, May 02 2014 14:32:28
- — Tom Malinowski (@Malinowski)Sat, Apr 26 2014 20:27:04Alarmed by #Ethiopia's detention of 6 bloggers & 2 journos yesterday. Violating freedom of expression is a sign of insecurity, not strength.
- — Aisha Dabo™ (@mashanubian)Sat, May 03 2014 14:04:06
Ethiopia: #FreeZone9Bloggers, journalists
Ethiopian security forces arrested on April 25-26th six bloggers and three journalists, among several others, in a renewed crackdown on dissent. The arrests have drawn unprecedented shock, indignation and public protest from Ethiopians and friends of Ethiopia.