- — EricaJoy (@EricaJoy)Thu, Mar 24 2016 17:05:29This is a blog post meant to rationalize the decision to welcome a racist to @lambda_conf. https://twitter.com/jdegoes/status/712656780195540992 …
- — David Nolen (@swannodette)Thu, Mar 24 2016 18:21:50FUCKING READ THIS SHIT EVERY WORD THIS FUCKING PERSON IS INVITED TO @lambda_conf http://unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2007/05/understanding-racial-idealism.html …
- — David Nolen (@swannodette)Thu, Mar 24 2016 18:37:28That @lambda_conf’s “justification” didn’t also include choice racist quotes from the speaker is just fucking dishonest. I’m done.
- — Reginald Braithwaite (@raganwald)Fri, Mar 25 2016 00:01:10Positioning a morally strong choice in terms of “avoiding controversy” is the go-to argument of the privileged supporting the status quo.
- — Reginald Braithwaite (@raganwald)Fri, Mar 25 2016 00:15:43You know that expression “We’ll just have to agree to disagree?” It does not apply when your beliefs involve murder and enslavement.
- — Reginald Braithwaite (@raganwald)Fri, Mar 25 2016 00:14:19
- — David Nolen (@swannodette)Thu, Mar 24 2016 22:26:45If you think functional programming is more important than denying racists a stage, get lost. Think about what actually matters in this life
- — Bodil (@bodil)Wed, Mar 23 2016 18:19:34
- — LaToya Allen (@HashtagLaToya)Thu, Mar 24 2016 13:46:22
- — Brandon Bloom (@BrandonBloom)Wed, Mar 23 2016 23:35:11@swannodette The notion that we need to be accepting of hate in order to be accepting in general is totally bonkers.
- — Husani S. Oakley (@husanioakley)Thu, Mar 24 2016 02:16:55So here is a conference I will never attend or speak at. Because silence == consent. (cc: @lambda_conf) https://twitter.com/swannodette/status/712678596142362625 …
- — julie's not here (@argumatronic)Thu, Mar 24 2016 07:17:53I have never felt terribly comfortable in the programming community, although people have mostly been nice to me. But I'm old. And a mom.
- — julie's not here (@argumatronic)Thu, Mar 24 2016 07:20:05I have it on somewhat good authority that Curtis Yarvin doesn't believe high-IQ women can be both good programmers and good moms.
- — julie's not here (@argumatronic)Thu, Mar 24 2016 07:20:50And, yet, when I was asked, as a "marginalized" speaker to vote whether to include Yarvin or not at @lambdaconf, I said yes.
LambdaConf debate in tweets
byadngyipa2 Likes2,722 Views