- Full disclosure: I attended this early Saturday morning panel because I am friends with two of the presenters, Lemont Dobson (aka Lemon-T) and Katrina Gulliver (aka the Pied Piper of Twitterstorians), hence my gentle ribbing throughout.
Anyway, you can find more information about this panel, entitled "Presenting Historical Research Using Digital Media," on the AHA's online conference program here.
- Come on, Storify, it's not that hard to catch the URL, which is here.
- Here's the full pilot episode for Dr. Dobson's forthcoming PBS series. During the panel, he showed a few snippets from the episode, not the whole thing.
- I re-tweeted this because Jason passed on the URL for the video, which I wasn't going to try to mess around with on my phone. I should also point out at this time that his live-tweeting for this panel was really good. Go look for it if you want greater context and other points that I did not mention or notice.
- Uh oh, don't diss G-Wash, dude. It might bite you in the ass later...
- The whole Hypercities tool is awesome. i will definitely be mucking around with it.
Absent from my live-tweeting on Ethington's talk was the fact that he had some awesomely Nosferatu-esque fingers he kept waving around. My Wife (deven1ak on Twitter), who was attending the panel, was the one who pointed it out to me, but she wouldn't let me tweet about it.
- Not being mean in the slightest. Just thought it was awesome.
Strange, drug-fuelled observation complete, back to the live-tweeting...