- For context, Jonathan Vaughters is the team manager of the Garmin Sharp cycling team, currently doing pretty well in the Tour de France.
He's got a thing about pandas after one of his riders was chased by one to victory in a race earlier in the year, so when @danmartin86 was riding hard for the victory in stage 9, Jonathan tweeted:
- — Jonathan Vaughters (@Vaughters)Sun, Jul 07 2013 19:30:08@WWF much love for the spiritual Panda you sent today. We got the win. Without the Panda, it wouldn't have happened.
- Hilarity ensued.
- Doug Ellis, Chairman of Slipstream Sports, owners of Team Garmin Sharp wades in...
- — Kyle Michael (@CaptainAntibody)Mon, Jul 08 2013 01:27:40
- — Jonathan Vaughters (@Vaughters)Mon, Jul 08 2013 13:03:25@WWF If you guys have any interest in some sort of partnership, I think it'd be a home run. Plus putting a Panda on the uniform!
- Our conversation went private from there, but the public one continued.
A panda conversation with @vaughters
So sometimes you just see a tweet that begs a tongue-in-cheek response, and it kind of blows up a bit...
byAdrian Cockle46,507 Views