With this post we want to compare what hospice professionals and organization say, and what the general public says, when they talk about hospice on twitter. We've tried to gather posts that are representative of the quantity of tweets. Like any reporting, it's colored by our own perspective as well.
We'll start by taking a look at some tweets to get a sense of what is being talked about.
- — Tag Strategies (@TagStrategies)Thu, Apr 10 2014 14:14:32
- — Dr Kershaw's Hospice (@KershawsHospice)Thu, Apr 10 2014 14:25:40There are lots of events coming up for the hospice check it out on our website. http://www.drkershawshospice.org.uk/our-events/
- — Outcome Resources (@hospicepharmacy)Thu, Feb 27 2014 16:31:02
- — Shelley Stephenson (@ShellCeas)Thu, Mar 27 2014 16:05:25Why MP Stephen Fletcher is fighting to Legalize Assisted Suicide in Canada - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/mp-fights-for-assisted-suicide-252590321.html … #cdnpoli #cdnhlth #DWDCanada #eol
- — Steve Newton (@JibbaJabbaSteve)Thu, Apr 10 2014 14:24:58
- — NHPCO News (@NHPCO_news)Thu, Apr 10 2014 14:21:35Can #hospice fix America? More valuable insight from a physician. http://sunriserounds.com/can-hospice-fix-america/ …
- — Melanie Pepple (@melaniepepple)Wed, Mar 26 2014 10:09:03Hospice of the Panhandle showcases inpatient facility http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/tri_state/west_virginia/hospice-of-the-panhandle-showcases-inpatient-facility/article_5693804c-b48c-11e3-b019-001a4bcf6878.html#.UzKmvhJydCs.twitter … via @HeraldMailNews
Sometimes the hashtag people use can help you understand who their intended audience is, but hashtags aren’t the only way to search – people searching for “hospice” will find many of these posts.
There are a few hashtags in use here. One of the more popular used by many in the healthcare industry is #eol (for end-of-life):
- — Pallimed (@Pallimed)Thu, Mar 06 2014 02:31:12For those making the connection tonight btw Pregnancy Care and #EOL care - check out our 2008 post http://www.pallimed.org/2008/03/pregnancy-and-palliative-care.html … #hpm
- — Joshua Tepper (@DrJoshuaTepper)Thu, Apr 10 2014 14:01:38We "need to relearn the ancient art of dying". Need new discussion on end of life care #EOL #healthcare http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/10/a-better-way-to-help-dying-patients/?_php=true&_type=blogs&ref=health&_r=0 …
- — Gilly Cannon (@bringingcomfort)Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:24:05
- — Hospice App (@HospiceApp)Thu, Apr 10 2014 13:44:27
- — CHPCA (@CanadianHPCAssn)Wed, Mar 05 2014 18:30:32Missed the @CMA_Docs town hall on #eol care in St. John's? Catch the full recording here: http://www2.macleans.ca/2014/02/19/end-of-life-care-a-national-dialogue/ …
- — PilotHealthAdvocates (@ClaudiaNichols)Thu, Mar 06 2014 08:05:08
- — Be Ready For It (@be_ready_for_it)Wed, Mar 26 2014 09:34:06
- Another is #hpm, standing for "hospice/palliative medicine."
- — Kathy Brandt (@Kathy_Brandt)Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:15:00
- — Ankur Bharija, MD (@DrAnkurB)Thu, Apr 10 2014 02:58:16