- — Andrew Campbell (@acampbell99)Sat, Oct 05 2013 13:03:33Just a reminder of the format. Today we're discussing questions 3 & 4 on the ministry's list of 3 questions #g2echat
- — Andrew Campbell (@acampbell99)Sat, Oct 05 2013 13:05:24Q3:What further opportunities exist to close gaps & increase equity to support all children & students in reaching their potential? #g2echat
- — Andrew Campbell (@acampbell99)Sat, Oct 05 2013 13:07:11When equity is present students have better physical and mental health. I think differential funding is one possible solution. #g2echat
- — Jonathan Rajalingam (@rajalingam)Sat, Oct 05 2013 13:07:56#g2echat I think equity begins with setting conditions for all to learn… a huge task: ELL, culture; mental health; physical safety etc. etc.
- — Brian Harrison (@bharrisonp)Sat, Oct 05 2013 13:08:10One shift I'd like to see is a keener focus on student learning strengths & needs as the context for teacher learning #g2echat
- — Jonathan Rajalingam (@rajalingam)Sat, Oct 05 2013 13:08:32#g2echat all of these need to be i place for we are able to close and achievement gaps (not that we don't work on achievement concurrently)
- — Andrew Campbell (@acampbell99)Sat, Oct 05 2013 13:08:53A system where we ignore that some students come to school less prepared to learn and don't address that is inequitable #g2echat
- — Stepan Pruchnicky (@stepanpruch)Sat, Oct 05 2013 13:08:57A community buy in also. Our school is situated in a low income area, but we have a HUGE support network for our families. #g2echat
#G2EChat October 5th, 2013 Q 3 & 4 (Equity & FDK)
We discussed questions 3 & 4 in the Ontario Ministry of Education's public consultation into education "From Great To Excellent"
byAndrew Campbell54 Views