- Play School, based on a British program of the same name, went to air for the first time on July 18, 1966.
- — 2011Census (@2011Census)Mon, Jul 18 2011 02:58:01There’s a bear in there, and a chair as well…. and according to Census data 307,181 preschoolers. Happy 45th birthday #playschool!
- — thewildgoose (@thewildgoose)Mon, Jul 18 2011 00:53:45My #playschool memory? I wrote my very first fan letter to Benita. Never wrote back, but Mum found it years later - she forgot to post it!
- — aaronkerr (@aaronkerr)Mon, Jul 18 2011 00:12:40#playschool There was a "thru the window" of nude kids hanging out washing. Kinda wish I wasn't one of those kids. Kinda wish I had a copy.
- — KarenBevan4 (@KarenBevan4)Mon, Jul 18 2011 00:10:22Best playschool memory - my little girl appearing in the arched window!Also John and Simon camping it up for mums. Kept me sane #playschool
- — PJneedsleep (@PJneedsleep)Mon, Jul 18 2011 01:56:38#playschool sat my boys down to watch playschool 10 mins in abc switched to breaking news at health minister conf-boys cried!
- — 120dollarsfood (@120dollarsfood)Mon, Jul 18 2011 02:33:37John Hamblin as a mechanic, lying on the floor and looking up at Benita (the car) "I think her big end is broken" #playschool
Play School turns 45
To celebrate Play School's 45th birthday, here are some highlights and your memories of the long-running ABC program. (Created July 12, 2011)
byABC News20,988 Views