- — Good Morning America (@GMA)Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:31:07Who can be Pope? Any Catholic male who is not married is eligible. Though for more than 1000 years it's almost always been a cardinal.
- — KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith)Mon, Feb 11 2013 06:32:35From now on, when someone snarks you with "Is the Pope Catholic?" you can say "He's not even the Pope anymore..." http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/11/us-pope-confirm-idUSBRE91A0A120130211 …om/article/2013/02/11/us-pope-confirm-idUSBRE91A0A120130211
- — Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan)Mon, Feb 11 2013 06:23:59The Queen's a year older than The Pope. Can't see her ever resigning because she's tired. #indefatigability1infallibility0
- — Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin)Mon, Feb 11 2013 03:30:28
- — Jose P. Rizal † (@parengjoserizal)Mon, Feb 11 2013 03:42:54This isn't the first time a pope has resigned. Benedict IX (1045), Gregory VI (1046), Pope Celestine V (1294), Pope Gregory XII (1415).
- — Karen Davila (@Karen_DaviLa)Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:45:17One can consider Pope Benedict's resignation an act of unselfishness, genuine love and concern for the state of the church today.
- Benedict XVI's last tweet was on Sunday, before the announcement.
- — Scriblit (@Scriblit)Mon, Feb 11 2013 03:42:24The streets are empty.Tumbleweed rolls by. A solemn bell tolls. Humanity huddles around glowing screens, desperately tapping out Pope Jokes.
- — Kara David (@karadavid)Mon, Feb 11 2013 03:33:36Sad . Pope Benedict is resigning on Feb 28. His writings were enlightening and a great inspiration to many... Thank you Pope Benedict XVI
- — Rachael Lonergan * (@AllOnBlack13)Mon, Feb 11 2013 03:20:57OMG yes. My Pope Rules. Papacy Idol. This Cardinal's Got Talent, Keeping up with the Cardinals, MasterPope, Real Cardinals of VC, Dance Pope
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- FrankHolmanOr is that Eggs Benedict....Will he be able to keep his infallibility2013-02-14T20:06:49.054Z