- Have we mentioned that we like to start things early?
Things really got started with a panel discussion about practice transformation in family medicine. Panelists Michael Fine, M.D.; Capt. Maureen Padden, M.D., M.P.H.; and Deborah Richter, M.D., shared their personal insights on the topic.
- — Diana Mokaya (@Dianasplosion)Fri, Aug 02 2013 13:48:49Healthcare system needs 1)Everyone in 2)Largely publicly financed 3)Budget 4)Public accountability & stewardship-Dr Richter Rm 2103A #aafpnc
- — Diana Mokaya (@Dianasplosion)Fri, Aug 02 2013 14:11:34Per person per year cost of primary care is $300-$400, compared to $1600 just for health insurance administration-Dr. Fine Rm 2103a #aafpnc
- — Diana Mokaya (@Dianasplosion)Fri, Aug 02 2013 14:10:04Primary care is so affordable that no American should need insurance to be able to get it. -Dr. Fine Rm 2103a #aafpnc
- — Mark Ryan (@RichmondDoc)Fri, Aug 02 2013 14:12:57
- The panel discussion drew a standing-room-only crowd. Do we need a bigger venue?
- — Molly Talley (@mollytalley)Fri, Aug 02 2013 17:04:58
Have you checked out the Expo Hall?
National Conference: Day Two
The three-day National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students features workshops, social and networking events, an expo featuring representatives from more than 300 family medicine residencies and the resident and student congresses.