The morning started early (7:30 a.m.) with orientation and workshops, including one session on how to tell your story to motivate people and bring about change.
Then it was on to the opening session, which included remarks from AAFP President Jeff Cain, M.D., and a presentation by past president Ted Epperly, M.D.
- Troy Russell, M.D., won the National Conference video contest with his powerful entry, Every Single Day. Watch it now and connect to what it means to be a Family Physician.
- — Jeff Krawcek, MD (@JeffKrawcekMD)Thu, Aug 01 2013 07:52:08Watch this touching video! It'll make you want to be a #familydoctor...Or thank one!!! #AAFP #aafpnc @KPcolorado http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jVmqXRu_Z0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3jVmqXRu_Z0 …3jVmqX…
- — Glen Stream (@grstream)Thu, Aug 01 2013 07:56:08Ditto! MT:@juliekwoodmd: Award winning video by DrTroyRussell at #aafpnc made me tear up. Why we have passion for FM! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jVmqXRu_Z0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3jVmqXRu_Z0 …3jVmqX…
- AAFP President Jeff Cain, M.D., then got things started with his welcoming remarks.
- Former AAFP President Ted Epperly, M.D., was the featured speaker, and he inspired attendees with a discussion about how family medicine offers a way forward for our nation's fractured health care system.
- — Matthew Varallo (@MatthewVarallo)Thu, Aug 01 2013 08:14:28
- — David Simmons (@remededefortune)Thu, Aug 01 2013 08:16:42Epperly: fee-for-service like paying players for number of shots they take, regardless of whether they score or the team wins. #aafpnc
- — Kevin Bernstein, MD (@BernieMD31)Thu, Aug 01 2013 08:19:37Dr. Epperly is inspiring and laser-focused. Remember what got you here and the amazing things you will do #aafpnc
- — Diana Mokaya (@Dianasplosion)Thu, Aug 01 2013 08:02:58We have the wrong team on the field - American healthcare is overpopulated by subspecialists -Ted Epperly #AAFPNC Opening Mainstage Rm 2103A
- — Reid B. Blackwelder (@blackweldermd)Thu, Aug 01 2013 08:30:35