Annual Leadership Forum (ALF)
ALF is the AAFP’s leadership development program for chapter-elected leaders, aspiring leaders, and chapter staff. Engage in the online discussion at #AAFPALF.
- Friday morning started with a Town Hall meeting where AAFP Leaders answered member questions about numerous topics, including graduate medical education, payment and women's health.
- — Ohio Academy of FP (@OhioAFP)Fri, Apr 26 2013 06:00:07
- Following a great Town Hall discussion, members headed for breakout sessions.
- — Kathy McCarthy (@kathymactx)Fri, Apr 26 2013 07:04:57Ready to learn how TAFP can support our members with their maintenance of certification. Let the breakouts begin! #aafpalf
- — CT Family Physician (@CTAFPDOC)Fri, Apr 26 2013 07:05:27Attending a session @aafpALF Moving your board from good to great - even though I think our CT Board is already GREAT!
- — Kansas AFP (@KansasAFP)Fri, Apr 26 2013 07:13:51#aafpalf Membership Value: Giving and Getting the Greatest Return on Investment. Two Rules: #1 The member is always right. #2 See Rule #1
- Topics included engaging local payers, the Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative, influencing student specialty, appealing to employed physicians, training and more.
- — megansmithatohioafp (@msmithatohioafp)Fri, Apr 26 2013 09:00:13"It takes a village. It is not just CPCi. We are doing multiple patient-centered primary care." Julie Schilz, WellPoint. #aafpalf
- Lunch kicked off with the installation of USAFP officers and an awards presentation. A packed house then greeted plenary speaker Robyn Benincasa.
- More sessions followed in the afternoon, with topics ranging from social media and marketing to PCMH and advocacy.