- Article by: Monique Linder Sep 2, 2017 6:29 PM CDT
- Photo credit: Akil Photography
- The celebration of culture and community continued Thursday night with Usher and special guest Lil Jon. Usher came to the Minnesota State Fair with a purpose. That purpose was to please his “Day One fans”, as he referred to the fans that have been with him since day one, along with all the fans of all ages that showed up to party with Usher. The day before the concert, Usher made a surprise announcement that he would be bringing his friend Lil Jon to Minnesota with him. This set off a frenzy of excitement on social media.
- Right before Usher took the stage, he met privately backstage with Philando Castile’s mother Valerie, before taking the stage to perform his hits and fan favorites. Fans filled the floor in front of the stage and from the stands, partying like rock stars with Usher and Lil Jon leading. The set list included . . .
Love In This Club
U Don’t Have To Call
Outta Your Mind
Lover and Friends
I Need A Girl
U Remind Me
I Don’t Mind
U Make Me Wanna
- Usher performed straight through, with no intermission. The sky then lit up with a spectacular fireworks display.
- About Usher
Usher was born in Dallas, Texas and named Usher Terry Raymond IV, spending most of his childhood in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He moved to Atlanta, Georgia to pursue his music career. At age fourteen, Usher auditioned for LaFace, co-founded by L.A. Reid, after a LaFare A&R representative saw him on Star Search. Reid signed Usher to a recording contract and he released his debut album in 1994, which featured co-executive producer Sean “Puffy” Combs. Usher gained worldwide recognition with the release of “Think of You”, turning gold. In 1995, Usher recorded a Coca-Cola holiday jingle and collaborated with several top make R&B vocalists and teen sensation Monica for a remake of Latimore’s “Let’s Straighten it Out”. After graduating from high school, Usher released My Way, in 1997. Usher is celebrated for giving fans amazing music and sizzling dance choreography for over three decades. (Source: Billboard)
- Celebrating culture and community continues on day eight of the Minnesota State Fair. Usher took time to thank Minnesotans for supporting him all through the years, adding a message of prayer for victims of Hurricane Harvey, for those who have lost loved ones, for those dealing with hard times, and for those who have been hated on, he said “I STAND WITH YOU”. The celebration continues this weekend with Tank and the Bangas performing two shows at 1:00pm and 2:30pm on September 3rd and the last day of the Fair on Labor Day, September 4th. For detailed information go to: mnstatefair.org.
- About OMG Media Solutions
- For the past two years, OMG Media Solutions has teamed up to create experiences at the Fair that bring community together starting with last year's Unite In Purple, honoring Minnesota's native son Prince and this year's message of celebrating culture and community. For more information, go to: omgmediasolutions.com and check us out on social media.