A great community began to form online to help amplify the conversation, encourage participation and promote the Adelaide to Zero Carbon Challenge and South Australia's Low Carbon Entrepreneur Prize.
On Twitter, we reached nearly 860,000 accounts and made over 1.7 million impressions, with 270 contributors.
- — BrandSouthAustralia (@BrandSouthAust)Wed, Mar 16 2016 00:09:51
- — Sandy Pitcher (@Sandy_Pitcher)Tue, Mar 15 2016 22:50:07Exciting news for Carbon Neutral Adelaide! https://twitter.com/gail_fairlamb/status/709866330841690113 …
Beth Noveck, the founder of the White House Open Gov Initiative helped spread the word:
- — Beth Simone Noveck (@bethnoveck)Tue, Mar 15 2016 23:01:51
- — The Lead SA (@TheLeadSA)Tue, Mar 15 2016 23:11:07
- — RenewEconomy (@renew_economy)Wed, Mar 16 2016 03:40:33
- — Orren Prunckun (@OrrenHimself)Wed, Mar 16 2016 08:07:39
- — Low Carbon Living (@CRC_LCL)Thu, Mar 17 2016 01:05:07
- — enLighten Australia (@enLightenLED)Thu, Mar 17 2016 01:43:37An exciting opportunity for #cleantech entrepreneurs in waste, energy, transport & liveability - entries due May 30 https://twitter.com/AdelaidetoZero/status/709988846608523264 …
- — Sanctuary Magazine (@sanctuarymag)Mon, Mar 21 2016 01:24:23Enter South Australia's Low Carbon Entrepreneur Prize. Entries are open until 30 May. http://adelaidetozero.yoursay.sa.gov.au/
- — Kristin Alford (@kristinalford)Tue, Mar 22 2016 21:38:41
California Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development also got behind the Challenge:
- — GO-Biz (@CAGoBiz)Tue, Mar 22 2016 19:17:15
- — Smart People Group (@SmartPeopleGrp)Mon, Mar 21 2016 13:51:07Adelaide could be first zero-carbon city in world with South Australia’s new entrepreneur contest http://www.theclimategroup.org/what-we-do/news-and-blogs/adelaide-could-be-first-zero-carbon-city-in-world-with-south-australias-new-entrepreneur-contest …
Adelaide received some great exposure around lowering carbon emissions and getting serious about climate change.
- — Sandy Pitcher (@Sandy_Pitcher)Wed, Mar 30 2016 11:54:10Exciting news! Adelaide featured in top ten cities excelling at climate change reporting. (Cbr also in the top 10) https://twitter.com/cdp/status/715131602364456960 …
- — We Mean Business (@WMBtweets)Thu, Mar 31 2016 17:01:19
- — Sandy Pitcher (@Sandy_Pitcher)Thu, Mar 31 2016 21:14:11Great article - Ghent, Copenhagen and Adelaide striving for carbon neutrality. #AtoZChallenge https://twitter.com/cityofadelaide/status/714610753702137856 …
Adelaide to Zero Carbon Challenge
The Adelaide to Zero Carbon Challenge was launched on 16 March 2016. Since then, the first stage of the competition has been conducted - South Australia's Low Carbon Entrepreneur Prize. 150 submissions were received and a top ten has been shortlisted.