- In the run up to the event, we reminded our followers that we were going to be live tweeting the main points.
- This year, both the Spending Review and the Autumn Statement were delivered on the same day. The BBC explained the difference between the two
- Many of the key points had been leaked prior to the event
- We did our best to try and capture the general sentiment on Twitter in the build-up.
- In usual fashion, Prime Minister's questions preceded the main event
- The Chancellor begins with some good news whilst making it clear that economic & national security were top of the to-do-list.
- Welfare spending was one of the most contentious issues surrounding this year's Autumn Statement
Spending Review & Autumn Statement 2015
Commentary on the Spending Review & Autumn Statement 2015, including AAT's live tweets (in conjunction with tax policy advisor Brian Palmer)