- We can't list every accomplishment attained by our talented students and staff members, but this edition of Storify will give you a flavor for the many wonderful things taking place in and around our schools. Many of the articles below have links to videos, webpages, and other sources that will allow you to learn more about each topic.
Frank H. Harrison Middle School and Yarmouth High School named Apple Distinguished Schools for 2016-2018.
- The Apple Distinguished School designation is reserved for programs that meet criteria for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence and demonstrate Apple’s vision of exemplary learning environments.
- The selection of Frank H. Harrison Middle School and Yarmouth High School as Apple Distinguished Schools highlights Yarmouth’s success providing an innovative and compelling learning environment that engages students and provides tangible evidence of academic accomplishment.
Yarmouth Education Foundation grants exceed $20,000 during fall cycle
- Annually, Yarmouth educators apply for grants after seeking creative ways to more deeply engage students in their own learning. The YEF provides two grant cycles each year; one in the fall and one in the spring. This fall's grant cycle resulted in six grants being funded:
- (1) Rowe School will soon have a robotics program using BlueBots (bee-bot.us/bluebot.html).
- (4) Students across the district will participate in very exciting Google Expeditions (google.com/edu/expeditions/).
- (5) Yarmouth High School students will create an electric car ( http://www.electrathonamerica.org/Welcome_to_Electrathon_America.html …), and (6) conduct DNA barcoding experiments ( https://www.thermofisher.com/order/catalog/product/G6465 …).
YHS athletic teams wrap up a great fall season
- Two team state championships (boys' and girls' soccer), two individual state champions, seven all-state athletes, two sportsmanship banners, and two coaches named coach of the year; that's a pretty good fall season. Student honorees include:
- Alison Clark and Rachel Chille; All-State - Volleyball
- Luke Laverdiere and Abby Hamilton; Runners of the Year - Cross Country
- Luke Groothoff; All-State, All-New England, and Class B Player of the Year - Boys' Soccer