- — Wordfest (@WordfestTweets)Tue, Nov 21 2017 17:48:23Don't miss your chance to see Alan Doyle tonight reflecting on what it was like to venture away from the comforts of home and the familiarity of Newfoundland! https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/books/2017/11/07/alan-doyle-is-still-happy-to-represent-the-rock.html … Tickets available here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/wordfest-presents-alan-doyle-tickets-37768952955 …
- Thank you for letting us know! We are always happy to provide accessible seating!
- — Daybreak Alberta (@daybreakalberta)Wed, Nov 29 2017 22:22:25
- — Alan Doyle (@alanthomasdoyle)Tue, Nov 28 2017 22:24:15Friggin' Cool. A Newfoundlander in Canada still in the Top 5 after 5 weeks on the shelf! Thanks so much all. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/books-and-media/bestsellers/bestsellers-canadian-non-fiction-nov-25-2017/article37065057/ …
- Apparently Alan Doyle is a huge fan of Ken Dryden who was JUST at Wordfest sitting in that same chair
- Arse o'clock
- Some East Coast slang for ya
- Alan Doyle reads to us from his book
- — Wordfest (@WordfestTweets)Wed, Nov 22 2017 02:48:06
- And the chocolate egg won...
Wordfest 2017: Alan Doyle
On November 21, Alan Doyle presented A Newfoundlander in Canada (Penguin Random House). Following the fantastic success of his bestselling memoir, Where I Belong, musician, actor, and Great Big Sea front man Alan Doyle returned with a hilarious, heartwarming account of leaving Newfoundland and discovering Canada for the first time. The event included a live interview and book signing.