- Newark Mayor Cory Booker took to Twitter after news of his fire exploits came out on Thursday night, and then again Friday morning.
- — Cory Booker (@CoryBooker)Thu, Apr 12 2012 19:15:19Thanks 2 all who are concerned. Just suffering smoke inhalation. We got the woman out of the house. We are both off to hospital. I will b ok
- — Cory Booker (@CoryBooker)Thu, Apr 12 2012 21:07:40Thanks everyone, my injuries were relatively minor. Thanks to Det. Alex Rodriguez who helped get all of the people out of the house.
- Twitter responded by turning the 42-year-old mayor of New Jersey's largest city into a folk hero. The hashtag #CoryBookerStories became a trending topic on the micro-blogging service Friday morning, as users added over-the-top tales of Booker's imagined exploits and powers.
- — John Fugelsang (@JohnFugelsang)Fri, Apr 13 2012 07:43:27One time I needed a kidney. Cory Booker instantly ripped out his own, handed it to me & flew away. #CoryBookerStories
- A reference to the "Hunger Games" franchise....
- — Derek Wood (@InstaDerek)Fri, Apr 13 2012 08:00:32A lot of people know Cory Booker played football at Stanford—but they don't know he played every position at once. #CoryBookerStories