"All during the Cold War, I operated on the belief that nuclear weapons protected our security; now I operate on the belief that nuclear weapons are a danger to our security." - Perry
- Perry talks about his personal journey in this recent article:
- Perry addresses the Perry Project students at a private dinner about his path to nuclear global zero
- The Perry Project two-day meeting at Stanford included lectures and conversations Perry, former Secretary of State George Shultz and a number of experts in nuclear nonproliferation and how the weapons have impacted history and society.
- The students are: Jared Greenspan, Sahil Shah and Pia Ulrich from George Washington University; Isabella Gabrovsky, Hayden Padgett and Raquel Saxe from UCLA; and Claire Colberg, Taylor Grossman and Daniel Khalessi from Stanford.
- Hayden Padget of UCLA talks bout taking his no-nukes passion to campus:
CISAC 2013 Honors Student Daniel Khalessi: "I believe there's a generational gap between my generation and the Cold War Generation, which understood the realities and the dangers of nuclear weapons."
- CISAC consulting professor Philip Taubman documented the efforts by Perry, Shultz, Kissinger, Drell and Nunn to ban the bomb in his book: The Partnership