On August 25, 2017, Hurricane Harvey made landfall in southeast Texas.
Its impact was felt immediately.
- — MD Anderson (@MDAndersonNews)Sun, Aug 27 2017 14:38:36Roads around our TMC campus are impassable. Employees and patients should not attempt to travel to and from campus.
- — Greg Fenves (@gregfenves)Sun, Aug 27 2017 22:03:43.@UTMSI will need extensive repairs. Our thoughts are with everyone in Port Aransas and in the path of the storm https://news.utexas.edu/2017/08/27/damage-to-the-marine-science-institute …
As days pass, Harvey's aftermath was felt in every corner of the state.
But in true Texas spirit, UT institutions came together to support patients...
- — MD Anderson (@MDAndersonNews)Mon, Aug 28 2017 19:59:48We're grateful for all of our employees who are here providing exceptional care for our patients during #HarveyStorm. #endcancer https://twitter.com/karenluMD/status/902250253671419906 …
...to support students...
- — Vistasp Karbhari (@VistaspKarbhari)Mon, Aug 28 2017 16:28:46UTA offers its support to fellow Mavs and everyone impacted by #Harvey For students in need, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- — UT Austin (@UTAustin)Mon, Aug 28 2017 22:37:00Want to help UT students affected by Harvey? Donations to the Student Emergency Fund will help w/ school expenses http://utex.as/2xsPPd9
...and to support their fellow Texans.
- — UT Southwestern News (@UTSWNews)Tue, Aug 29 2017 12:44:36
- — Greg Fenves (@gregfenves)Fri, Aug 25 2017 20:03:13
- — UTRGV Athletics (@GoUTRGV)Mon, Aug 28 2017 21:55:17
UT institutions support those impacted by Hurricane Harvey
byUT System831 Views