- — Steven T. Cook (@steventerrycook)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:40:53Hart sums it up pretty well here: "Today is a surprising day for me. I didn't think we would be back to where we are today."
- — Daily Beacon Sports (@UTKBeaconSports)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:41:14Hart on if April 1st statement ended Cuonzo's looking around for another job. "I think we both thought that at that time."
- — Steven T. Cook (@steventerrycook)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:35:14Hart: "It was a tough year. I don't want to speak for Cuonzo, but it was a tough year. There were distractions, you know what they were."
- — Daily Beacon Sports (@UTKBeaconSports)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:43:35Hart on if fan base with have a negative impact on coaching search. "I don't have any concerns about that being a problem."
- — Steven T. Cook (@steventerrycook)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:32:33Hart: "I did not know Cuonzo was involved in the California job until this morning... We had a conversation and he was very emotional."
- — Gary Parrish (@GaryParrishCBS)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:21:42That UT players seem to be publicly siding with Cuonzo Martin should tell you they didn’t like the way their coach was treated.
- — Gary Parrish (@GaryParrishCBS)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:24:36Players are usually pissed when their coach bolts. But not the Tennessee players. They seem happy for Cuonzo Martin. That’s interesting.
- Current and former UT players under Martin were supportive of the coach's move to the West Coast.
- Students and Knoxville residents cited UT's fan base and the scrutiny they put Martin under as a reason he couldn't be blamed for leaving.
- — Opie Joe (@Q100OpieJoe)Tue, Apr 15 2014 17:58:46Cuonzo Martin clearly wanted to leave Knoxville. Can you blame him after more than 35,000 fans signed petition wanting Bruce Pearl back?
- — Austin Meehan (@austinmeehan15)Tue, Apr 15 2014 17:45:40Cuonzo Martin leaves Tennessee for Cal. A lot like Buzz leaving Marquette for Virginia Tech. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense.
Cuonzo Martin leaves Tennessee for California
It's official, Cuonzo Martin is leaving Tennessee to become the head basketball coach at California. He leaves after a 63-41 run in three seasons at the helm of the Vols that included a Sweet 16 run this past season.