- — Kirsty Thomson (@kirsty_thomson)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:05:22At Cranfield for today's #ustlg meeting - the only UK uni with it's own airfield. Have spotted the Cranfield-branded plane!
- — Julia Stockdale (@Julia_Stockdale)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:14:30Great to attending the fantastic USTLG meeting today @KNL_MIRC @CranfieldUni with @richard_illingw on behalf of @content_online! If you’re a subject librarian supporting STEM , this is THE event for you! Highly recommend! Today’s event is sponsored by @TheOfficialACM #ustlg pic.twitter.com/d4ZIaQLlZx
- — Kirsty Thomson (@kirsty_thomson)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:17:26Part of class involves creating own rubric for what makes a good presentation. Then group and class work turns this into the rubric that is actually used for marking #USTLG
- — Kirsty Thomson (@kirsty_thomson)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:18:26Students then mark their peers' presentations using the rubric. Academics are in the room and also mark - students marks are used but compared with academics marks #USTLG
- — Julia Stockdale (@Julia_Stockdale)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:18:35
- — Julia Stockdale (@Julia_Stockdale)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:24:12
- — Kirsty Thomson (@kirsty_thomson)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:26:30In one course, Cranfield noticed most references coming from ScienceDirect: was this because students are comfortable with this, or was it because ScienceDirect is good at recommending similar relevant articles? #ustlg
- — @_moo_ (@_moo_)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:27:10Findings included single source of searching, students found picking up new referencing styles difficult, over-reliance on referencing managers. #USTLG
- — Leanne Workman (@NotSoSpotless)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:28:05Learning how to support STEM PostGrads... follow us at #USTLG today to hear what we're saying! :D https://twitter.com/AlisonMcNab/status/936193871318577152 …
- — Kirsty Thomson (@kirsty_thomson)Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:28:35Ruth Knowles' research found postgrads needed more help on evaluation and critical evaluation, not searching, as her students were already skilled searchers. #USTLG
University Science and Technology Librarians' Group meeting: Understanding postgraduate STEM users. 30th November 2017, Cranfield University.
byUSTLG1 Like94 Views