Put accused Boston bomber to death?
- On Monday, USA TODAY Opinion put this question to our readers:
- 87.5% of voters said: Absolutely. He's accused of killing four people and injuring hundreds.
- 12.5% of voters said: No. While the crimes were horrific, the death penalty has no place in the U.S.
- For a further breakdown of the votes, visit facebook.com/usatodayopinion.
- Conversations outside of USA TODAY Opinion:
- USA TODAY graphic showing that a large majority of states allow the death penalty:
- Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) says the death penalty is "appropriate" for the Boston bomber.
- That's exactly what these guys want! The media is already making him infamous by posting his picture and name everywhere.......now give him the death penalty and give him myrtadom status and his wish list will be complete. I'm sure where just hours aways from their grievances being aired! The media is the accomplice and the buy public too!
- All the people calling for the death penalty for the Boston Bomber should stop and think. Why give him the honour he would feel from death? Isn't gaining a better position in their version of heaven one of their main goals in doing these things? Why send him there? He should just be thrown in jail with no human contact for the rest of his natural life. Treat him humanly in the sense of food,clothes,bedding etc. But just No human contact ever. We need to prove that we are better than them. That our way of life is better. Other wise they win
Library dedicated to former President George W. Bush
- A presidential library was dedicated to George. W. Bush in Dallas, Thursday. Bush says the library was created to "lay out the facts" of his administration, and not a way to defend his decisions as president.