Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady's curtain call
- Former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher died Monday at the age of 87. She was Britain's first female prime minister and worked with President Ronald Reagan to hold back the spread of communism during the Cold War.
- Source: GannettA controversial political figure, Thatcher served three consecutive terms, making her the longest-serving prime minister to date. But despite her political success, what legacy did she leave behind?
- Our View
- USA TODAY Opinion Line
- Here's what people had to say on Facebook and Twitter to USA TODAY Opinion:
- Prime Minister David Cameron held a news conference remembering Thatcher's legacy:
- "Margaret Thatcher didn't just lead our country, she saved our country"- Prime Minister Cameron
- Conversations outside of USA TODAY:
- Radio stations and Thatcher protesters have mocked the death of the Iron Lady, playing this song referring to the wicked witch from the "Wizard of Oz."