Could the Asiana Airlines disaster have been avoided?
- Two teenagers died and more than 160 passengers were injured after Asiana Flight 214 from Seoul crashed in San Francisco. It was the first fatal crash of a commercial airline in the U.S. since February 2009.
- (Photo: John Green, Bay Area News Group via AP)
- USA TODAY's Editorial Board wrote "Saturday's Asiana Airlines crash in San Francisco was less a cautionary tale of how risky air travel is than a reminder of how rare — and survivable — such accidents have become." Other views came from CNN, Daily Beast, Ask the Pilot, and more:
- Do you still feel safe flying? Here's what USA TODAY readers had to say:
- There was also much feedback on the USA TODAY front page article Two dead, 168 hurt in San Francisco air crash
- Here's what people were saying outside USA TODAY:
- Video of the crash:
- Audio of the a 911 call