Brother shoots sister in Kentucky
- In an accidental shooting, a boy killed his sister with a loaded .22 caliber rifle, bringing up the national debate surrounding gun control and safety.
- Our view
- Opposing view
- Here's what USA TODAY readers had to say:
- The Crickett ad for "My First Rifle," shows the weapon the boy from Kentucky used to shoot and kill his sister.
- I have no problem with parents being responsible for gun safety. But that means they have to be held responsible when they fail. I have seen too many instances of children having access to a gun and nothing happens to the parents. A slap on the wrist or a fine won't do it. They need jail time. Only then will they take their responsibility seriously.
- Conversation outside of USA TODAY:
Give me work, or give me deficit?
- In a stagnant economy the government must come up with solutions. But should officials focus on job growth or lowering the deficit?