On Capitol Hill, politicians react, flags lowered
- — Michael McCaul (@McCaulPressShop)Mon, Apr 15 2013 22:11:20Chairman McCaul: In my judgment it has all the hallmarks of an act of terrorism, we just don't know who's behind it.
- — Barack Obama (@BarackObama)Mon, Apr 15 2013 22:27:54"On days like this there are no Republicans or Democrats—we are Americans, united in concern for our fellow citizens." —President Obama
- — Speaker John Boehner (@SpeakerBoehner)Mon, Apr 15 2013 22:15:53
- — Glenn 'GT' Thompson (@CongressmanGT)Mon, Apr 15 2013 22:36:50The evil that transpired today will not deter the courage of American Patriots from the past, the present or the future.
- — Rep.George Miller (@askgeorge)Mon, Apr 15 2013 22:58:31My heart & thoughts with those affected at todays bombings, I'll pay close attention to the response, and I applaud those who helped respond
"I saw people's legs blown off. Horrific. Two explosions."
- — Jenna Mourey/Marbles (@Jenna_Marbles)Mon, Apr 15 2013 22:05:24Absolutely shocked and horrified about the Boston Marathon today. My thoughts and prayers are with my family, friends, and everyone there.
- — USA TODAY (@USATODAY)Mon, Apr 15 2013 23:17:22"I saw people's legs blown off. Horrific. Two explosions. Runners were coming in and saw unspeakable horror." http://usat.ly/ZwIorM
- — Kim Kardashian (@KimKardashian)Mon, Apr 15 2013 20:16:37My heart is breaking for everyone effected or injured in the explosion at the Boston Marathon. God bless you all! My prayers are with you!
More than just America attacked
- — Bryan Jacoutot (@BryanJacoutot)Mon, Apr 15 2013 20:40:1296 countries were represented at Boston Marathon today. This was an attack on the world. Not just Boston, not just America. #PrayForBoston
- — Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan)Mon, Apr 15 2013 22:23:38Whoever did it, this was a terror attack - and given the diversity of those marathon runners, one on the world, not just America. #Boston
Obama calls for unity after Boston Marathon; some calling explosion 'attack on the world'
At least two people were killed and more than 100 injured after two bombs exploded near the finish line of the marathon, and a third 8 miles away at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library. During a speech, President Obama stated that on days like this "there are no Republicans or Democrats."
byUSA TODAY Opinion4,797 Views