- To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, the UN Committee on children’s rights spoke with children and teens from 14 different countries through Google+ Hangouts throughout the day on 24 September 2014.
- Children got together to choose the topics most important to them. They elected two representatives to speak on their behalf with the members of the Committee.
The children who participated were from: Australia, Belgium, Dominican Republic, Gambia, Japan, Lebanon, Nepal, Peru, Philippines, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uruguay and Yemen.
There were four Google+ Hangout sessions broadcast live and available on YouTube:
- Session 1 in English
- Session 2 in Arabic
- Session 3 in English
- Session 4 in Spanish
- Google+ Hangout #1 with children from Australia, Japan, Nepal and the Philippines:
- Google+ Hangout #2 with children from Lebanon, Tunisia and Yemen:
- Google+ Hangout #3 with children from Belgium, the Gambia, Tanzania and Turkey:
- Google+ Hangout #4 with children from the Dominican Republic, Peru and Uruguay: