- The day's proceedings started at 9 am on a beautiful Copenhagen morning.
- The whole day's presentations were streamed live, and can benow found on the #recomgender website.
- The event featured presentations and commentary from both researchers, policy makers and practitioners.In this picture the esteemed guests (left to right): Director General of Social Development,
Ministry of Women's Affairs of Cambodia- Khieu Vuthea, member of parliament of
- Participants had traveled from all over Europe and beyond to take part in the meeting. Genderadvisers and other staff of the development sections of Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian andNetherlands Governments were also represented.
- Earlier this year Amartya Sen was interviewed on the topic of the role of gender equalityin development efforts. The thought provoking 5 minute interview started poignantly:"Well, I think gender inequality is not a natural human condition..." - said Amartya Sensetting the tone for the whole event.