On September 15th we had our first #UGAJobChat of the semester with a focus on professionalism.
Before the chat officially began, we had several employers letting us know they were ready to talk...
- — Fast Enterprises (@FastEntCareers)Thu, Sep 15 2016 14:05:20Looking forward to participating in the #UGAjobchat this afternoon! Tune in! https://twitter.com/UGACareerCenter/status/776093279599353856 …
- — Green Dot Tennessee (@tngreendot)Thu, Sep 15 2016 18:56:33
- ... and then we got started!
- — UGA Career Center (@UGACareerCenter)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:00:20Welcome to this semester’s first #UGAjobchat hosted by the UGA Career Center. Today’s topic is Professionalism!
- — UGA Career Center (@UGACareerCenter)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:00:49This chat is designed to give students the chance to hear from employers on a range of career related topics #UGAjobchat
- — UGA Career Center (@UGACareerCenter)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:01:09Here’s how it works: we’ll number questions Q1, Q2 – just respond with A1, A2 format and use hashtag #UGAjobchat so we can keep track
- — UGA Career Center (@UGACareerCenter)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:01:23
Question #1 was "How do you define professionalism?"
- These are the answers we got!
- — Fast Enterprises (@FastEntCareers)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:06:52A1: Professionalism- how you present yourself through verbal and nonverbal communication, how you act when you speak with others #UGAjobchat
- — Kate McNamara TFA (@kateleelocke)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:08:20A1: Seeking out opportunities to learn, grow and develop into the best leader you can be in your field #ugajobchat
- — Ashli (@Ashli_Inspires)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:09:35A1: How you conduct yourself in the workplace, classroom, & in other formal settings. Includes poise & confidence! #ugajobchat
- — Ashli (@Ashli_Inspires)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:11:55A1: Verbal and nonverbal communication, appearance, grammar, confidence, and ability to articulate your qualifications #UGAJobChat
- — Ashli (@Ashli_Inspires)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:14:36A1: Professionalism includes integrity in all that you do! No matter the consequences. Taking personal responsibility #UGAJobChat
- — Whitney N. Prescott (@WhitPrescott)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:08:36Professionalism is overall courtesy, honesty & responsibility when interacting with others! #UGAjobchat
- — GradStaff (@GradStaff)Thu, Sep 15 2016 19:10:01A1.) Proper communication, solving problems in a mature way, thinking about how you present yourself, and always learning! #ugajobchat
byUGA Career Center42 Views