- The setting was Los Angeles Union Station, which Los Angeles Metro CEO Phillip Washington called "the last great train station" built in the U.S.
- Metro CEO Phillip Washington introducing the Secretary
- — Ariana V (@ArianaVito)Fri, May 15 2015 01:48:13
- — UCLALuskin (@UCLALuskin)Fri, May 15 2015 02:06:07
- Following the Secretary's remarks, Prof. Brian D. Taylor, director of UCLA's Institute of Transportation Studies, moderated an audience Q&A.
- — UCLALuskin (@UCLALuskin)Fri, May 15 2015 02:16:06
- — Ariana V (@ArianaVito)Fri, May 15 2015 01:53:08
U.S. Transportation Sec. Anthony Foxx speaks at Union Station
For the final Luskin Lecture of the 2014-15 academic year, Anthony Foxx, who was appointed Transportation Secretary by President Obama in July 2013, spoke about the many ways that transportation can connect and integrate communities. The event was presented in partnership with Los Angeles Metro.