- — Shari Wright (@writewright7)Tue, Jul 10 2012 15:52:15“@yagbebi: Rick Perry, small-minded gov., of the big state of TX is one who will opt out of Medicaid. Power play jeopardizes lives.
- — Cesar Espinosa (@Cesar_Espinosa)Tue, Jul 10 2012 14:58:27"Rick Perry has declined Medicaid expansion, costing the state $76 billion in federal aid, all in the name of states rights."- @isaiasreyna
- — Texas Leftist (@TexasLeftist)Tue, Jul 10 2012 15:16:19Right keeps saying that expanding Medicaid will "create a DR shortage". The uninsured already exist. There's ALREADY A DOCTOR SHORTAGE. #p2
- — Texas Truth Serum (@texastruthserum)Tue, Jul 10 2012 18:50:31“@FrankConniff: Rick Perry rejects Obamacare because letting poor people die from lack of health coverage is cheaper than executing them.”
- — Brad (@BradOverBoard)Tue, Jul 10 2012 14:03:51
- — Ryan Johnson (@Dapper_DonnENT)Tue, Jul 10 2012 02:35:04Gov.Perry: TX will not b expanding Medicaid which means if u not under 18/disability/senior citizen;u will be paying 4 insurance
- — Deb Shelton (@deb_shelton)Mon, Jul 09 2012 18:12:10Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Gov. Perry: Texas Will Not Expand Medicaid or Implement Health Benefit Exchange
- — Jason Petersen (@jasonmp85)Mon, Jul 09 2012 15:09:45Everyone in TX with an income > 25% but ≤ 100% of the poverty line won't qualify for Medicaid or a penalty waiver & still must buy coverage…
Tweets of the Day: July 10, 2012
Yesterday Texas Gov. Rick Perry stated that the state of Texas would opt out of the upcoming Medicaid expansion. Houstonians on Facebook and Twitter mostly decried the decision.