- — daveweigel (@daveweigel)Wed, Aug 01 2012 01:38:24RT @freddoso: Conservatives are well on their way to building something they never had -- a core of totally uncooperative senators.
- — Joshua Green (@JoshuaGreen)Wed, Aug 01 2012 01:46:56RT @EricaGrieder On balance, Obama was right to say that Texas is becoming a battleground...but next year the battle will be within the GOP.
- — Sarah Palin (@SarahPalinUSA)Wed, Aug 01 2012 01:55:14Congratulations to Ted Cruz! This is a victory both for Ted and for the grassroots Tea Party movement. This... http://fb.me/2hfzNzYdU dU
- — Joshua Green (@JoshuaGreen)Wed, Aug 01 2012 02:46:37I don't get all these "tough luck for Perry" tweets. Got himself on the right side of the Tea Party-establishment divide.
- — Top Conservative Cat (@TeaPartyCat)Wed, Aug 01 2012 04:05:23Glad Texas nominated Ted Cruz instead of Rick Perry's pal. Only a hero like Cruz has the balls to call Social Security a "Ponzi scheme".
- — Kristina (@KristinaRibali)Wed, Aug 01 2012 04:54:59
- — Top Conservative Cat (@TeaPartyCat)Wed, Aug 01 2012 13:26:58With the nomination of Ted Cruz, Texas Republicans finally have someone who knows you never need to compromise in order to govern.
- — mike murphy (@murphymike)Wed, Aug 01 2012 13:35:16I’ll bet Dewhurst sure wishes he had kept AJF now. Idiotic move by his idiotic campaign manager. http://tinyurl.com/c3fjkvd 3fjkvd
- — Paul Begala (@PaulBegala)Wed, Aug 01 2012 13:46:27Why Ted Cruz's victory is such a big deal. A really, really big deal. My column @thedailybeast http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/01/paul-begala-ted-cruz-and-texas-s-tea-party-revolution.html …east.com/articles/2012/08/01/paul-begala-ted-cruz-and-texas-s-tea-party-revolution.html
- — Nick Gourevitch (@nickgourevitch)Wed, Aug 01 2012 13:58:41
- — southernavenger (@southernavenger)Wed, Aug 01 2012 14:17:16
- — Top Conservative Cat (@TeaPartyCat)Wed, Aug 01 2012 15:18:18Can't wait until Ted Cruz joins the Senate GOP. They need people who won't cave when they take the nation hostage for tax cuts for the rich.
- — southernavenger (@southernavenger)Wed, Aug 01 2012 15:29:27Perhaps my favorite part of Ted Cruz' platform is abolishing the TSA. If this happens, I suspect it will be a Sen. Cruz or Paul who leads.
- — Kristina (@KristinaRibali)Wed, Aug 01 2012 16:06:19
Tweets of the Day: August 1, 2012
Ted Cruz's victory has political pundits across the spectrum talking about Texas.