- Many Texans that did make it into the nation's capital for this historic event attended the Black Tie and Boots Ball put on by Texas State Society.
- Number of lucky Texans were able to obtain tickets to inaugural balls as well as to the actual inauguration ceremony.
- Politicians such as the newly sworn in Rep. Joaquin Castro and Rep. Lloyd Doggett had the opportunity to meet with their constituents this week.
- Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn were also in attendance at the Black Tie and Boots Ball this weekend.
- The guest that many Texans were really excited to meet was Jamie Foxx.
- Yours truly - our Texas on the Potomac bloggers - were also on the ground during the inauguration festivities.
Texas comes to the Potomac
Today, President Barack Obama was sworn in to serve as the president of the U.S. for a second term. People from across the nation arrived to Washington, D.C. to see the first African American president deliver his second inaugural address. Texans also joined in the inaugural festivities.