- — Dave Altimari (@davealtimari)Fri, Dec 14 2012 15:37:04state police received call on Newtown shooting at 9:47, numerous shots fired near room #9. 40 troopers now clearing the school.#Newtown
- The area around the Sandy Hook elementary school went into lockdown following reports of shooting. Parents were advised not to go to school, were told to stay by their phone.
- Andy Carvin, of NPR, tweeted that the principal, who was one of the victims of the shooting, posted a photo of an emergency fire drill two months ago.
- — Andy Carvin (@acarvin)Fri, Dec 14 2012 19:26:51
- One of the images to emerge after the news of the shooting broke was the image of the children evacuating Sandy Hook elementary school.
- Shortly before 11 a.m. ET, it was confirmed that a shooter was confirmed dead.
- — Dave Altimari (@davealtimari)Fri, Dec 14 2012 15:51:38one shooter is confirmed dead in the Newtown school shooting,, unconfirmed reports there may have been two shooters. #Newtown
- As ambulances raced to the school and then to the hospital, the parents and public remained in the dark about how many other adults and children were injured or killed during the gun shooting.
- — The Associated Press (@AP)Fri, Dec 14 2012 18:41:05Conn. parent: "It's sheer terror, a sense of imminent danger, to get to your child and be there to protect him." http://apne.ws/12dBtZk Zk -EC
Images from the deadly shooting in Newtown, Connecticut
Tragedy rocked Newstown, Conn., today after shooter opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary school. The Associate Press is reporting that close to 30 people are dead, including the shooter. According to Connecticut State Police, a 911 call was received just after 9:30 a.m. ET.
byTxonthePotomac1 Like2,023 Views