- — Newsweek (@Newsweek)Mon, May 14 2012 11:47:30
- It did not go unnoticed:
- — LiaLockert (@LiaLockert)Mon, May 14 2012 15:45:23appreciate obama's stance, but angry that Newsweek traded journalistic integrity to cash in on catchy headlines: http://goo.gl/by7I1
- — Dylan Byers (@DylanByers)Mon, May 14 2012 16:00:20
- — Sam Neuman (@SamNeuman)Mon, May 14 2012 15:54:11Oh wow, Newsweek must be so embarrassed that they made a huge typo on their front cover! President Barack Obama is married--to a woman!
- And how was the cover received by Texans?
- — Mike Snyder (@anchormanmike)Sun, May 13 2012 15:25:19This is sad proof that Newsweek is out of touch with most Americans and out of touch with reality. Try on this... http://fb.me/15qh5eABn Bn
- — Timothy Reazor (@TJReazor)Mon, May 14 2012 00:56:18
- — Bradford Pearson (@BradfordPearson)Mon, May 14 2012 15:21:58So people are praising the New Yorker cover, but bashing the Newsweek cover? I'm failing to see a demonstrable difference.
- There were also a few political parodies-
First gay president? Texans respond to Newsweek cover
Appropriate to honor the occasion, or are they just trying to one-up Time Magazine's breastfeeding cover? Here is Newsweek's current cover after President Barack Obama announced last week that he supported same-sex marriage -