- — Michael J. Feeney (@mfeeney)Mon, Feb 01 2016 03:59:00This is Dawn, Michael's cousin. It is with profound sadness that I inform you my cousin passed away today. Follow on FB for arrangements.
- — NABJ Headquarters (@NABJ)Mon, Feb 01 2016 13:20:41.@KcharlesNewsNow took time on air today to salute NABJ's own .@mfeeney https://www.facebook.com/kcharlesnewsnow/videos/785169411588058/ … #NABJremembers
- — Steve Scott (@SteveScottNEWS)Mon, Feb 01 2016 04:43:29
- — Bill de Blasio (@BilldeBlasio)Mon, Feb 01 2016 02:52:23
- Benét Wilson - First-my deepest condolences to Mike's family. I met this extraordinary young man at the NABJ San Diego convention in 2010 the day before he was given the Emerging Journalist of the year. He remade NYABJ and you all remember when it won chapter of the year. He was totally psyched. I last saw him at the Minneapolis conference. We didn't ever get that planned drink together. I thank everyone who is posting about this extraordinary man that we have lost way too soon. #TeamFeeney
- — jami floyd (@jamifloyd)Mon, Feb 01 2016 12:11:30Remembering #mikefeeney. Talent lost. @NYDailyNews @CNN http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex-newser-michael-feeney-dead-32-article-1.2515660 …
- — Reverend Al Sharpton (@TheRevAl)Sun, Jan 31 2016 23:44:14Just heard that Michael Feeney , young dynamic journalist died this morning. A good brother and fine journalist. Sad news, RIP Michael.
- — Monica Peters(GNCPR) (@GeniusinPR)Mon, Feb 01 2016 14:16:43.@NABJ family, this is tough #MichaelFeeney meant a lot to us and the world. My prayer for @mfeeney family. https://twitter.com/NABJ/status/693992938716708864 …
- — Karen Rouse (@rouse_karen)Mon, Feb 01 2016 13:29:25
- — Aaron L. Morrison (@aaronlmorrison)Mon, Feb 01 2016 11:59:08
- — Ashlei Stevens (@ashlei_stevens)Mon, Feb 01 2016 04:25:02Absolutely devastated to hear of the loss of my @FCBC_NYC brother & fellow @NABJ colleague @mfeeney. #RestInPurpose https://twitter.com/marclamonthill/status/693985631832293377 …
- — Troy Donté Prestwood (@TroyDonte)Mon, Feb 01 2016 04:08:44Saddened by sudden loss of my @NABJ bro @mfeeney. He was a great guy; even greater journalist. RIP #MichaelFeeney! http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex-newser-michael-feeney-dead-32-article-1.2515660?cid=bitly …
- — Detroit NABJ (@DetroitNABJ)Mon, Feb 01 2016 02:15:58Our sincere condolences to the family of Mike Feeney, president of the NY Association of Black Journalists, who passed today at 32. #RIP
- — Liz Ritter (@LizRittr)Mon, Feb 01 2016 02:28:37So sad. @mfeeney: a mensch & thoughtful journalist who got the story right. Condolences to family. #RIPmichaelfeeney http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex-newser-michael-feeney-dead-32-article-1.2515660 …
Remembering Michael J. Feeney
We got the horrible news on Jan. 31, 2016, that Mike Feeney had died. Feeney, 32, was named NABJ's Emerging Journalist of the Year in 2010 and was preparing to start a new job at CNN. The outpouring over his death was swift, even becoming a trending topic on Facebook. Here are some excerpts.
byTracie Powell711 Views