- Welch tweeted just minutes after the numbers were announced:
- Pundits and critics were quick to pounce:
- — Austan Goolsbee (@Austan_Goolsbee)Fri, Oct 05 2012 06:10:03
- U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis gave no credence to Welch's claims.
- Welch then disappeared for the rest of the day.
- — felix salmon (@felixsalmon)Fri, Oct 05 2012 06:23:10Apparently @jack_welch “is now unavailable for the rest of the day in meetings”: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-05/former-ge-ceo-jack-welch-says-white-house-manipulates-jobs-data.html ….com/news/2012-10-05/former-ge-ceo-jack-welch-says-white-house-manipulates-jobs-data.html