- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Thu, Jan 24 2013 15:20:07Testified on behalf of #SB1275 this morning. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?ses=131&typ=bil&val=Sb1275 ….us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?ses=131&typ=bil&val=Sb1275 Education and Health Committee not yet ready to lead on patient privacy.
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Thu, Jan 24 2013 15:21:54My thanks to Sen. Steve Martin for sponsoring the legislation by request. Virginia Hospitals oppose the bill. #SB1275 Protect patient data!
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Thu, Jan 24 2013 15:24:59What was interesting was how much testimony before and after #SB1275 that makes the argument for patient privacy and doctor independence.
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Wed, Jan 30 2013 18:28:09
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Thu, Jan 31 2013 03:36:34@ACLUVA What about the data drones in our doctors' offices? http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/medical-privacy …teSB1275gy-and-liberty/medical-privacy #SB1privacyVirginia would have protected #privacy.
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Fri, Feb 01 2013 16:19:41#SB1275 noticed on a medical blog. http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com/2013/01/senator-stephen-h-martin-of-virginia.html …gspot.com/2013/01/senator-stephen-h-martin-of-virginia.html Comments: Bills like this "should be turned into law." "At least someone gets it."
SB 1275 Hearing
SB 1275 came before the Virginia Senate Education and Health Committee Thursday, January 24, 2013.
byTim McGhee7 Views