- — Join The Flock (@JoinTheFlock)Wed, Jan 09 2013 20:06:52
- — Lars Schmidt (@ThisIsLars)Tue, Jan 29 2013 16:15:53The questions for Thursday's #NPRTwitterChat are in. Check them out here: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thisisnpr/2013/01/07/168608321/help-for-job-searching-with-social-media …logs/thisisnpr/2013/01/07/168608321/hSocialMedia-searching-with-social-media --> then join us 1/31 5-6p EST. #SocialMedia
- — Social Media Club DC (@SMCDC)Tue, Jan 29 2013 18:01:03Job-hunting? @NPR and @twitter are teaming up for a job-hunt chat Thurs 1/31 at 5 PM EST! http://www.socialmediaclubdc.org/2013/01/join-the-flock-and-npr-to-learn-how-social-media-can-land-you-a-job/ …iaNPRTwitterChat3/smcdcin-the-flock-and-npr-to-learn-how-social-media-can-land-you-a-job/ #NPRTwitterChat #smcdc
- — Join The Flock (@JoinTheFlock)Wed, Jan 30 2013 07:02:25
- Question 1: How do I find a job using Twitter?
- — Susan LaMotte (@SusanLaMotte)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:00:39A1: follow your industry, engage with companies of interest & link to relevant content to show your expertise. #NPRTwitterChat.
- — Jennifer McClure (@JenniferMcClure)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:01:05A1: Great way to find a job on Twitter is to connect with industry voices and people at companies you're interested in. #NPRTwitterChat
- — Laurie Ruettimann (@lruettimann)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:01:50A1. You find a job on Twitter by following companies & people in your industry who share relevant & interesting info. #nprtwitterchat
- — Irakli Nadareishvili (@inadarei)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:02:01
- — Jennifer McClure (@JenniferMcClure)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:02:13A1: Networking on Twitter is very similar to IRL. Be yourself. Be interested in others. Be interesting! #Nprtwitterchat
- — Ashley Lauren Perez (@AshLaurenPerez)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:02:17A1. I literally found my job with my current employer through a Twitter chat just like this. #NPRTwitterChat
- — Ashley Lauren Perez (@AshLaurenPerez)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:02:54A1 Get involved in chats relevant to your industry,engage in conversation,connect, promote thought leadership, be responsive #NPRTwitterChat
- — Brian Boyer (@brianboyer)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:03:09
- — Talent Generation (@talemetry)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:03:57A1. Optimize your bio with the same keywords you use on your resume - that way, employers can find you, too. #NPRTwitterChat
The Storify below captures some of the highlights from the #NPRTwitterChat event 1/31/13. Thanks to everyone who joined us and contributed. You can find more details on the chat below: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thisisnpr/2013/01/07/168608321/help-for-job-searching-with-social-media
byThisIsLars3 Likes1,413 Views